Congo – Well known for minerals
- In the 60s, DRC was the world’s 5th largest gold and copper producer.
- DRC has approx. 30-50% of world’s cobalt reserves.
- In 2006, DRC accounted for 17% of world’s diamonds.
- The licenses cover an area of 3,247 km2 within the famous Archaean Moto greenstone belPt.
- The belt contains at least three world class gold deposits, Kilo, Mwana and Moto, some 200km to the northeast.
- Under explored since 1963. Many areas without modern
- License area flown with magnetics identifying extensive artisanal workings.
- Extensive geological appraisal completed.
- Three large areas of potential delineated
Makamanda, Elota-Nyaluka, Matale .